Valve Keeper Source

I purchased a valve rebuild kit for a Continental z120 motor and it came with out the valve keepers (used on pin type valves). I need the sheet metal retainers. Can you advise? Maybe they can be machined/made from mildly heat-treated steel?

According to MF parts which I just linked to via Jacks Small Engines, the guards, part number 1750061M1, are still available. See the link below. Jacks is an MF dealer that sells parts on line. They are a bit pricey, $8.84 each, but I don’t think you’d mind if you can get them.